Spotify codes – What are you going to do to share your favourite Spotify music? You just need to copy the link or URL of your Spotify single, album, and even playlist in general and typical words, then paste it into a text box to share it with your friends. It might not be the best option, though because to load your music, your friend will need to click on the link. What do you do, then?
Currently, Spotify has a hidden feature for everyone to share songs, and it’s called Spotify codes. Interesting, and you’ve never heard of it, right? Only read this post now and you’re going to learn what it is and how to build your own. Let’s start with the code for Spotify.
How to Create Your Own Spotify Codes
- Head over to the website of Spotify and take the songs and even playlists for which you want to code your Spotify. Click the three-dot button on the playlist or right-click ‘Copy Spotify URL’ on the album.
- Open Spotify Code and then on the search bar to paste the Spotify URL and then click “Get Spotify Code”.
- Customize the color of the background, bar color, size and format of the code. Once done, you can not only click the sharing button on Facebook, Twitter and others to share the Spotify code with your friends, but you can also click Download to get the Spotify Code.
What if you’ve got the Spotify code already? How do I use the code on Spotify? For you, here is a step-by-step guide to how to use Spotify codes.
How to Use Spotify Codes
- Take your phone out and open your app for Spotify. Click the ‘Search option on the Spotify app’s main interface and go to the next step.
- Click on the Camera button on the Search page and then you can see that there is a scramming picture. Point at the Spotify Code on your phone and then you’ll be taken to the Spotify songs.
Now, that’s it for the Spotify code.
How to find Spotify Code
A unique barcode is available for every song on the Spotify app. The steps for finding Spotify code on Android and iOS are the same. Here’s what it takes you to do:
- Open the Spotify application.
- Select the song you want to share from your playlist.
- Click on the ellipsis (three dots) that you see next to the name of the artist.
- You will see an image with Spotify Code on it.
For that song/album/artist, this is your Spotify Code. Underneath this picture, you will also see a Save Photo option. By tapping this, you can save the picture on your phone and share it via email, message or social media with your friends.
You know how to find your Spotify Code right now. And you need to check the code in order to listen to songs. We will show you how to scan the Spotify code in the next section.
How to scan Spotify Code
- On your phone, open the Spotify application.
- Tap on a choice to search. On the top right of the screen, you can see a camera icon.
- Tap on an icon for the camera. This will activate the scanner.
- Now, point to the Spotify Code on your camera to scan it.
You’ll be able to listen to music immediately after the code has been scanned.
But let’s presume that you and your friend are physically at a distance. And you want a friend of yours to listen to a specific song. As the Spotify Code can not be physically scanned by your mate, there are other ways to scan and listen to music.
All you need to do is send the Spotify code via the messaging app to your mate. When they activate the scanner, your friends can then upload this image.
The scanner senses the codes and creates a song for them.
Therefore the Spotify Code makes it very easy to share and listen to music in this way.